200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Open your heart. Discover your passion. Learn to share it.
OCTOBER 2020 - MAY 2021
Elevate your practice and learn to guide others through classes that educate, inspire and inform.
This comprehensive course – including asana, meditation, pranayama, philosophy, inquiry, functional anatomy, and methodology – will provide you with tools to develop your curiosity, deepen your practice, find your voice as a teacher, and use it compassionately, with integrity.
This course is for those desiring to create their own practice, for students who are ready to journey into teaching, and for existing teachers seeking to expand their knowledge and understanding of Vinyasa flow and their instructing skills.
During our week immersion in stunning Andalusia, in beautiful places and magical spaces... Mornings begin with meditation and practice. Days are full of thorough study of the yoga postures, philosophy, methodology and more, taught by experts in the fields. Evenings conclude with practice and self-reflection. Healthy, delicious meals are prepared onsite, with love.
Six amazing weekends, in the heart of Brighton, provide pragmatic experience and study to assimilate and integrate new knowledge. The focus is on the individual voice – finding it and cultivating it by providing the practical knowledge and resources to make it effective.
In affirmation of the healing and preventative power of yoga as medicine – the study of asana relevant anatomy is essential to our teacher trainings, including elements of Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Riveting philosophy is sprinkled throughout the entire course, to showcase the relevance of the ancient science's texts, mantras and language to the modern practice and art of guiding.
We support each person in discovering their own practice, by helping define their truth, and nurturing that – as we believe it's deep rooted passion which illuminates the joy that will maintain a strong self-practice, and the ability and authenticity to share it with others.
Learn to incorporate the elements of yoga into purposeful sequencing. Practice teaching and receive feedback. Develop your skills and confidence. Discover your individual potential and unique voice as a teacher. Our creative approach in offering the technical, inspirational and business aspects of yoga will prepare you to shine your extraordinary light - on and off the mat.
Meditation. Pranayama. Asana. Philosophy. Anatomy. Music.
Yoga Lifestyle — Prevention & Healing. Flow State. Union.
WHY THIS COURSE?
• Begin teaching on day one!
• Expand upon your practice, deepen existing rituals and create new ones.
• Receive guidance, support and feedback to help you teach in a clear and confident way, as well as explore techniques to empower and teach your students safely.
• Learn how to incorporate the elements of yoga into purposeful and inclusive sequencing.
• Become part of our tribe.
• Discover your individual potential and unique voice as a teacher.
• Our creative approach in offering the technical, inspirational and business aspects of yoga will prepare you to share your teachings - on and off the mat.
• Learn to read bodies and provide appropriate adjustment/modifications/use of props.
• Flow state philosophy & breath work –ancient technology meets modern science.
• Practical learn-and-try asana-relevant anatomy and how to balance stretch, strength and stability.
• Realize the relevance of traditional yogic philosophy through Inquiry-based study and discussion of classic texts.
• Create a safe, supportive classroom environment that welcomes students and builds a sense of community.
• Learn from leaders in the field, and passionate, dedicated yogis.
• Unite with like-hearted souls.
ALREADY COMPLETED YOUR 200 HOUR?
"I did my 200 hour yoga teacher training with the insanely badass yogi Anna Sugarman and it was one of the most wildly transformational and liberating months of my life. In fact I loved it so much I'm doing it all again!
If you're looking to train, retrain, or just to regroup, I recommend this course with my whole heart. Anna is the real deal. She breathes divine badassery, lives in a fairy house and has the biggest heart in the world!
This woman taught me what yoga really is and let me tell you, she can hold a space of pure love and acceptance like no other." | Michelle Holmes | Conscious Entrepreneur, Creator of The True Reflection Tribe
Anna (international yogini and teacher trainer, grateful wife, happy mother, dance enthusiast, rockstar-at-heart and astro physicist wanna-be) and Rich (yogi, breath and meditation expert, anatomy guru, sports therapist, Olympic strength and conditioning coach, awesome husband, doting father, and Burning Man alumni) are wildly excited to join forces with Sarah Williams.
Sarah is a yoga teacher and musician. An eternally grateful student, she teaches a mindful alignment-based style of Vinyasa flow that encourages self-exploration and turning the auto-pilot off. Sarah is passionate about sharing the benefits of movement as well as stillness. Her primary teacher is Jason Crandell who she assists on his advanced trainings teacher programmes.
We are passionate about our practices and we intend to inspire you to create and maintain a strong self-practice too – one that works for you. It is our honor to support you in discovering your own practice, finding your individual voice, and exploring how to passionately, authentically share it. Clear objectives, feedback and guidance will fuel your soul as you become a brilliant teacher – for yourself and your students.
200 Hour Certificate
upon completion of course, providing eligibility to register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT-200
Official Anna Sugarman Yoga Teacher Training Manual, all classes, workshops led by experts, relevant supplies & props
7 nights, private or shared bedroom, at Suryalila (options below)
Scrumptious healthy fare to maximize your physical and mental potential – three healthy meals per day (at Suryalila)
BACK STAGE PASS
Full access to facilities – WIFI, pool, sauna, café, lounge, spa options, travel advice
Elements illuminated during your time – elevating knowledge, self discovery, creating memories & shining light upon your path
Life Changing Content...
• Safe and ethical adjusting
• Class planning & sequencing
• Seeing and reading bodies and modifications
• Observation and mixed level teaching practice
Self-Inquiry & Practices
• Led asana, meditation and pranayama practices
• Study and technical analysis of asanas, key alignment points, contraindications and benefits
• Principles of Vinyasa
• Cultivating and maintaining a self-practice
• The importance of savasana and restorative practices
Anatomy & Physiology
• Anatomy in relation to asanas and teaching yoga
• Energetic systems including chakras etc.
• Deconstruction of asanas and alignment focusing on the spine, major joints, appendages, common injuries and limitations, range of motion, planes of motion and safety
• Anatomy of breath
• Flow State science & the neurochemistry behind presence
• Brief intro to Ayurveda
• Introduction to yoga philosophy and texts (The Eight Limbs, Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, and more)
• Incorporating philosophical concepts into daily life and teaching
• Lineages, styles, and the history of modern postural yoga
• Basic Sanskrit (pronunciation & etymology)
• Creating and nourishing a self-reflective practice
Ethics & Careers
• Launching a Career in Yoga
• Bio Writing, Social Media 101, Business, Marketing
• Continuing Education
• Exploring the student/teacher relationship
• Begin teaching on day one.
• Build your own practice – one that you love so much you can’t help but maintain and cultivate the authenticity and passion to share it with others.
• Practice teaching sequences which will culminate in a 60 minute vinyasa flow that you will be prepared to teach confidently.
Non-Contact Study & Practice
• Reading and assignments
• Class/workshop attendance
• Home practice
• Observations and assisting
Part Immersion. Part Local. All Awesome.
ANDALUSIA | SPAIN
22-29 May 2021
An exquisitely renovated working olive farm nestled in the heart of the Andalusian hills... The Spanish farmhouse's wooden ceiling beams and terra cotta tiled floors blend harmoniously with exotic Indian, Balinese and Moroccan decor – soothing to the soul and delightful to the eye. This breathtaking location boasts beautiful yoga shalas, a salt water pool, an eco sauna, organic vegetarian food (mostly grown on the premises) and a variety of gorgeous accommodation options. Fly into Jerez (XRY), Seville (SVQ), or Malaga (AGP) – inquire for transfer options.
BRIGHTON | ENGLAND
17-18 October 2020 • 14-15 November 2020 • 16-17 January 2021 • 13-14 February 2021 • 13-14 March 2021 • 24-25 April 2021
A stunning hall in the heart of the iconic seaside city of Brighton... Just 15 minutes walk from the Brighton Train Station and 15 minutes to the beach, amidst cafes of all sorts and shops to delight, The Studio's gorgeous serenity inspires presence and connection – an ideal setting in which to deepen your practice and create sustainable change for your life.
THE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS + INVESTMENT
Room selection subject to availability. Shared rooms are available if attending with a companion,
with potential roommate match through us.
From £2800 (with £200 Early Bird discount offered through 30 September 2019)
Inclusive of: Accommodation and meals at Suryalila, Yoga Teacher Training Manual • all classes • workshops led by experts • relevant supplies and props • 200 Hour Certificate (upon successful completion of course)
Not Included: Travel • meals during weekend modules • spa treatments • kittens
Bring a companion with whom to share or let us try to match you with a same sex roommate.
Our ability to unite roommates is pendant upon requests, not promised.
£3000 GBP shared
£3300 GBP solo
• Shared, outside bathroom
£3100 GBP shared
£3400 GBP solo
• Some private, some shared bathroom
£3200 GBP shared
£3500 GBP solo
• Shared bathroom
£3300 GBP shared
£3600 GBP solo
• Private bathroom
THE PREREQUISITES & CERTIFICATION
Hey, Yoga Teacher!
Applicants must have a minimum of two years consistent yoga practice. You are not required to be able to do certain postures.
Attendance of and participation in each course module is compulsory. Graduation depends upon satisfactory completion of all
elements of the course (exceptional attendance, assignments, assessment and practice).
Upon successful completion, 200 Hour certification (RYT 200) with be issued by Anna Sugarman Yoga, accredited by Yoga
Alliance USA (globally recognized).